At the heart of the village and off the mountain footpaths
The perfect base for hiking !
Every summer, hikers and cycling enthusiasts from around the world come to stay at Grandes Rousses hotel.
Alpe d’Huez offers a wealth of activities which you can enjoy as suits you best - alone, with a professional or with your family, and either at beginners’ or advanced level.
The sports centre at the heart of the resort offers an indoor pool, aquagym, weight training, badminton, basketball, volleyball, handball, squash, tennis, archery, tree-top adventure trails, climbing wall ... The skating rink and Olympic-size swimming pool complete the sports complex.
And to make your stay even more enjoyable, our team will be delighted to book additional services at the hotel for you or organise an entirely tailor-made package including any activities you like:
- “mythique 21” package: training for and ascent of the 21 internationally famous bends of the Alpe d’Huez stage of the Tour de France...
- “Megavalanche” package
- golf package: http://www.golfalpedhuez.com/
- tennis package
- hiking with a guide
- introduction to Via Ferrata
- pilot training course leading to mountain flying qualification
- ice driving, accident prevention and safety course
... and a host of other activities.